Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The New York City, USA During Coronavirus Pandemic from My Eyes (Initial Information)

 

The New York City, USA During Coronavirus Pandemic from My Eyes (Initial Information)
The New York City, USA During Coronavirus Pandemic from My Eyes (Initial Information)

Today, from New York City. I'm currently in the central park there's like no one around which is why I don't have a mask on. I'm very far from anyone but I thought it'd be super interesting to write for you today because New York right now during the coronavirus pandemic is unlike any time I've ever seen it before. I used to live here, I've spent a lot of time in New York City and I've never ever seen it this empty. 

It's maybe like a once in a lifetime experience to see it like this and I thought it might be interesting because I know a lot of people travel to New York. It's probably one of the most traveled to tourism destinations, so I know that the city is opening up more and more and as people are starting to travel a little bit. I just wanted to let you know what New York City is like right now and how you can stay safe because while the city and many places around the world are starting to open up this pandemic is still real and we still have to be careful and be smart.

If we do choose to travel, so as I said, I am here for a best friend's wedding and to visit my family which I hadn't seen in nine months. So, I am personally not yet just traveling for fun but obviously, everyone has different situations. And if you do choose to come to New York City at any point over the next few months, hopefully, this article will help you that you need with you everywhere are a mask. I actually have a couple in my bag and hand sanitizer as many of you may know new york got hit hard by this pandemic up until September 11th, 2020, New York City has had over 241,000 cases and over 23,000 deaths despite this new yorkers are extremely resilient and hopeful and you can really feel that at New York entered phase 4 of reopening on July 20th.

This includes the reopening for low-risk outdoor arts entertainment and media production. The city has really adapted and nearly everyone I saw was taking it very seriously giving each other space and wearing masks. If you do travel to New York always look up the rules area depending on where you're coming in from people returning to new york and particularly from 19 high-risk states are being asked to quarantine upon return to help slow the spread of the virus. So, I think not only are there significantly fewer tourists like if there are any tourists in New York but also a lot of New Yorkers have actually left the city some permanently. 

Some people I know have rented houses or something outside of the city since they're working from home. Anyway, so they'd rather be in nature than be stuck in like a tiny apartment in New York. So, yes not only are there significantly fewer tourists but there are a lot fewer new Yorkers here as well during any other year.

No comments:

Post a Comment